Lr Classic Library Grid View Lagging?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Joe94
Joe94 Contributing Member • Posts: 571
Lr Classic Library Grid View Lagging?

Good Morning,

So I have been using Lr Classic now for around 7mths & recently have noticed that when viewing my raw files in the Library tab, using the grid view there is a bit of a lag when scrolling through the thumbnails. I’m not sure if It’s almost like it’s taking time for Lr to catch up creating the previews?

Since using Lr I have never changed any performance setting in the program, apart from I set it to create standard preview (not sure if that was the best one mind). I also know it’s not the iMac as it’s the top spec 27” 2020 model with 64gb RAM, where this is always plenty left available when using LrC.

Another piece of info is I’m using the latest version of Lightroom Classic, with my catalog saved on the internal ssd drive & the original raw files saved on an external ssd drive through thunderbolt.

Could it be that now I have a fair amount of images around 600 (I know it’s not a lot but for me from the beginning it is), or should I have been changing any performance settings within Lr to help performance? Any tips or advice, very much appreciated

Thanks.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow