Tamron Af to Z adapted lenses

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Qbalion
Qbalion Contributing Member • Posts: 566
Re: Tamron Af to Z adapted lenses

Jay Harry wrote:

So I've read that Tamron is working on making Z-mount versions of their lenses. I was going to wait to buy the Z-mount versions but....

Could you please refer to such information? I'd love to hear that Tamron releases its new 17-70mm f/2.8 for Z-mount

Then I read that all third party Z-mount lenses only work manually on the Nikon Z cameras.

This is actually not true. Most of them are manual but Viltrox 85mm f/1.8 is fully auto.

So my question is then is would it better to buy the AF mount versions of the Tamron lenses and use the F to Z adapter?

FTZ is adding about 30mm of the length and some 150grams of the weight. I had no problem using it with two Sigmas (17-70 C and 17-50) in auto mode. Also it works well with Nikkor DX AF-P 10-20mm.

Would these lenses have access to autofocus and other features if adapted?

As long as Tamron follows Viltrox path and re-engineer Nikon protocols then yes - 3rd party lenses would use autofocus, electronic aperture etc.

Let's hope this to happen in 2021

Qbalion's gear list:Qbalion's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z50 Nikon 10-20mm F4.5-5.6 VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow