monitor for photo editing: Benq PD2700U or EW3270U

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
karmNL New Member • Posts: 10
monitor for photo editing: Benq PD2700U or EW3270U

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out which of these are better for photo editing and color grading. Which of these has the most accurate colors?

I've been reading and looking on the internet, and both have good reviews.

The PD series of Benq seems to be the professional one and is Calman verified. That means that is has accurate color for professionals. But the EW3270U, that is an entertainment/gaming monitor, has a much wider color range.

The EW3270U covers 88% of the adobeRGB range, while the PD2700U only has 70%. On top of that the EW covers 95% of the DCI P3 range. Here's a review i read about the EW: https://frankdoorhof.com/web/2019/05/benq-ew3270u-and-what-is-p3-for-you/

The EW is about a 100 buck cheaper and its much bigger, which is nice but not nessecary. But still cheaper.

So which one would you guys choose, the professional one or the one that has a wider color range. I have a Spyder to calibrate the monitor. And am using it as a hobby for now, but getting much more serious with it. So am thinking future proof.

Hope someone has some good advice or a bit of knowledge about the color ranges of these monitors and how accurate they really are.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow