Macro with Oly 60 mm

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Bassam Guy Senior Member • Posts: 2,427
Re: The Oly 60 mm

rurikw wrote:

might be my next lens. I've been very happy with my manual Macro-Takumar 50/4 down to f11. After that diffraction starts to show. But it's manual so focus bracketing has to be manual too and that can be tedious and inaccurate. Been a bit hit and miss so far. So looking to get a camera (G9?) with semi-auto FB. Is in-camera stacking really limited to 8 shots on some camera? I'd use post stacking anyway.

According to some tests the 60mm is the least sharp m43 macro offering but I don't really trust many of the reviews here.

Where did you read that? Are you talking about user reviews?

They mostly seem to be standardized to longer distances such as 0.5-3m depending on FL and not doing separate testing for macro. Ming Thein (I think it was) preferred the 60 partly due to sharpness. And of course it's more convenient than the shorter ones for the closer range and probably plenty sharp enough in any case.

Bassam Guy's gear list:Bassam Guy's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M5 III Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow