Sigma 100-400 return debate - front-focusing normal?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
SQLGuy
SQLGuy Forum Pro • Posts: 10,370
Re: Sigma 100-400 return debate - front-focusing normal?

PaulDr wrote:

Though I may be stating the obvious, the dock is used with the Canon mount version of the lens (which I use with the MC-11) . Any updates for the E mount version would be done through the camera.

Not a Doctor, PaulD was taken, so I added the second letter of my last name.

Oh, hmm ... I thought it was already out. It was strongly rumored on many sites several months ago: https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sigma-will-soon-announce-a-new-usb-dock-for-sony-e-mount-lenses/

Kind of annoying that they have one for L mount, but not for E mount. I wonder if they ran into trouble because of the E mount license agreement which also prevents them from offering E mount teleconverters. On the other hand, Samyang has an E mount dock. Maybe their terms are different?

BTW, I suggested this because there was a thread here previously with an MC-11 user who was able to correct misfocusing issues with his EF mount Sigma lens using the dock.

-- hide signature --

A7R2 with SEL2470Z and a number of adapted lenses (Canon FD, Minolta AF, Canon EF, Leica, Nikon...); A7R converted to IR.

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro +24 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow