Travel Photography Kit?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
monu123 New Member • Posts: 20
Travel Photography Kit?

Hello all,

I have been thinking about different systems and how well suited they are for travel. I currently use a D7000, 18-55, 55-200 as well as a portait and macro lens. I feel that the weight of this kit is simply too heavy for travel (around 3-3.5kg). However, I still enjoy the photos I'm able to get!

I would really appreciate peoples thoughts on these two cameras please:

- Nikon Z50 + 18-400 tamron

- Sony RX10 IV

These two weigh roughly the same, and both have a very similiar zoom range. I know that both cameras have good reviews, but I believe these have not been directly compared (unsurprisingly). However, I mainly wanted to undertand if people have used the Z50 combo, and their thoughts on it as a "do it all" camera + lens combo?

Alternatively, the native 16-50 and 50-250 seems great, and the total system weighs around 1kg which is great (the Z50 +16-50 is also very portable). Another option is the F-mount DX 18-300 lens. However both of these ideas have a smaller zoom range vs the Sony RX10.

I can understand that these two cameras are quite different; one is a bridge camera. However, because so many people praise how the RX10 does everything quite well, I was simply curious.

Also, what do you all prefer to use when wanting to travel light?

Many thanks.

Nikon D7000 Nikon Z50 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow