Next move up from my trusty old D5300

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
romfordbluenose Veteran Member • Posts: 5,175
Re: Next move up from my trusty old D5300

I upgraded from my D5300 to a D7500 about 12 months ago.

The main reason why I upgraded to the D7500 was my eyesight isn't as good as it was and the viewfinder on the D7500 is much larger.

I also went for the D7500 for the following reasons.

Flip screen as I used the articulated screen a lot.

I also use GPS which is built on on the D5300, using Snapbridge with the D7500 is not quite as good but more than satisfactory once you get used to it.

The AF is better than the D7200 and I didn't want the D500. The general features are improved over the D7200.

I didn't need a second card slot. I also have a D800 which I use if I need a backup/second body.

There are some things the D7500 can't do which the D7200 can. Older screw drive lens do not work as well for example. This didn't concern me as I am not interested in lens which are that old. Nikon Lens Compatibility (kenrockwell.com)

I am sure those which prefer the D7200 will tell you why the D72000 is better than the D7500. If you want to save some money and use the older lens then buy the D7200 (or D500).

If you want better noise capability then you have to go full frame but you won't see any difference in almost every situation unless you look for it.

-- hide signature --

Please don't quote long posts, it just fills up the forum with repetitive information. Just replying to the poster or selectively quoting will make it all easier to read.

romfordbluenose's gear list:romfordbluenose's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Nikon D800 Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow