Poll: Hobbyists, How frequently do you upgrade your PP software?

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
Greg Edwards Regular Member • Posts: 298
Re: Poll: Hobbyists, How frequently do you upgrade your PP software?

nkistrup wrote:

brucet wrote:

I would suggest this thread is getting a bit 'silly'. First there are folks who are putting up arguments that simply support/justify their choice of software. Folks have ignored the OP that stated 'hobbyist'. There are tens of thousand, millions of 'hobbyist' photographers out there that are using simple apps on their phone cameras. Millions of others are using what came with their camera.

Remember the word 'hobbyist'.

I know, and was hoping to avoid that. Choice of PP'ing software is one of those topics that gets the juices going, along with brand of camera body, ball head, etc. etc. Was trying to avoid that.

Forgot that those who use the 'free' software that comes with camera. Started out that way, when I got my Canon G12. Moved to the paid apps, when I got my 1st DSLR.

FWIW this supports my previous comment regarding subscription software. I strongly feel that subscription puts leading tools in the hands of hobbyists who previously would never have considered or justified the cost of a perpetual licence.

Greg Edwards's gear list:Greg Edwards's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM HP Photosmart B110 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
jfw
jfw
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow