Fuji 23mm f1.4 vs 35mm f1.4

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
G3_4_ME
G3_4_ME Regular Member • Posts: 271
Re: Fuji 23mm f1.4 vs 35mm f1.4

GreenBeer wrote:

Can any photographers who shoot with both lend some feedback regarding these two lenses. Is the magic of the 35mm f1.4 just all in my head? Does the 23mm match it? What are the pros cons?

I’ve got both - the 23f1.4 was the last lens I bought because I thought I could get away with the 16f1.4 and the 35f1.4.  But I couldn’t.  The only reason I bought it was because of the focal length - it’s just so useful and for me, especially for group shots.

On paper, the 23f1.4 resolves more and has less optical distortion than the 35f1.4.  It’s a very good lens, but it doesn’t knock my socks off like the 35f1.4 does.  It doesn’t have the secret sauce that the 35f1.4 does.  At the same time, the 23f1.4 has never left me disappointed - it’s a nice fast lens that focuses fairly quickly on my X-T3.  I use mine a lot, not because of superior output, but because it’s a very flexible focal length.  My only wish is that it was WR.

Here are few examples from mine.

-- hide signature --

Marc

G3_4_ME's gear list:G3_4_ME's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow