Fuji 23mm f1.4 vs 35mm f1.4

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
dontreadthecomments Junior Member • Posts: 45
Re: Fuji 23mm f1.4 vs 35mm f1.4

Reading around, the 35 gets a good reputation over the 23. I suspect the 'magic' comes from the narrower field of view lending itself to shallower DoF, it's easier to get a certain look.

Unfortunately, I've not been able to really get out and use them both. I've been reaching for the 35 for my local solo walks/street photography. The 23mm is intended to be my go to for landscape or travel (for those bar situations you mention, I vaguely remember what those are now..). Suspect it will be better when I can go out with other people. (UK lock down rules)

Given I've only had a Fujifilm + 23mm for 2 months and 35mm for a few weeks, what I can say is..

The 35mm feels and looks much more discrete.
The 23mm feels better built and the focus clutch mechanism is nice if you like to jump between AF and Manual focus.

I owned the 23mm first, it's very nice but the 35 has added to my enjoyment of the fujifilm system more (so far). Maybe it is magic?

dontreadthecomments's gear list:dontreadthecomments's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Fujifilm X-S10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow