Anybody had experience with R5 & RF 24-240 with RF 1.4 or 2 extender vs Tamron 150- 600 G2?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KENTGA Veteran Member • Posts: 6,987
Anybody had experience with R5 & RF 24-240 with RF 1.4 or 2 extender vs Tamron 150- 600 G2?

If Covid lets up, I'm planning to spend 10-14 days in Canadian Rockies August or September and should see some wildlife and was wondering about this. If they are close, I don't want to have to lug around the Tammy. It's a great lens but I've got quite a lot to cram into my carry-on on the plane.

This would only be for wildlife. I'm mostly a 24-105 user for landscapes and scenery and I also use the 24-240 some (mostly on RP).

Is there much difference in the picture quality between the RF 1.4 and 2? I have the EF extenders but have used them very seldom.

Thanks for your input.

Kent

KENTGA's gear list:KENTGA's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +15 more
Canon EOS R5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow