Photoshop/ACR CC problems - keeps opening files

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KLH475 Senior Member • Posts: 1,575
Photoshop/ACR CC problems - keeps opening files

Hello All,

I've been using Photoshop for several years now, first CS6 Extended and I'm almost through my 2nd year with the Adobe Photography CC subscription. I am having an issue that I've never had before. I shoot in raw (I'm shooting with a Z7 II) and use Bridge to review the NEF files and then, one-by-one, on the ones I decide to edit, I have it set so the NEF file from Bridge opens in ACR. Up until maybe 2 weeks ago this went without a hitch. Now, all of a sudden, after I open the photo from Bridge in ACR, after it opens, then another ACR window opens with the same image, and now sometimes a third time. And today, for the first time, even after I close the ACR window with a particular image, and then attempt to open a different photo from Bridge, it opens ACR with the photo I just closed. And it does this multiple times. Finally after 2-3 attempts it will finally open with the photo I'm attempting to open. And finally and lastly, this morning ACR just started opening photo after photo after photo all on it's own. 
This is with versions v 20.0.10 and v 21.2.4

I've attempted to update PS to the most latest version and it made a mess of my computer, wouldn't work, and I got an Adobe tech support person on the phone, gave them permission to log into my computer, they spent 20 minutes deleting files and adding files and after all that the most recent version did not work and then the tech support person said "this a known problem that Adobe is looking at" - something like that. An admission after the fact.

Right now I'm more concerned with the issue I brought up in the top paragraph. Are other people have issues like this and if so, are there solutions? I've really liked learning to use PS/ACR but I am willing to change.

Thank you,

Ken

KLH475's gear list:KLH475's gear list
Nikon Z7 II Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 +3 more
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow