Lens Conundrum, need some help

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vwcrusher Regular Member • Posts: 404
Lens Conundrum, need some help

In purchasing a A7Rii my intention is to create sharp images, mostly landscape, but general subjects as well. My prints are in the 2x3 ft range, although sometimes larger.  Not into sports photography. I state this because I am seeking a lens set that is sharp, but with value in mind as well. What might be the best compromise? Which lens to spend the most on and when to lean towards value?

A few days ago I started a thread to help me identify a tele zoom, and as typical received lots of great input. As of this point it will most probably be a Sigma 100-400...most probably.

Today I returned the 24-105; after reading through many posts, perhaps I should revisit the Tamron 28-200 or perhaps the 28-75, or something else.... What do you guys think? I also have read that the Sigma 24-70 is a sharp lens, though heavy.

Decision factors include:

-Do I really need f2.8 as most of my images will be at f5.6 and above? How does this affect recommendations?

-Is the 28-200 as sharp as their 28-75 or Sigma or Sony GM; is it worth the trade off?

I understand that in many cases lens selection is an individual decision, but I am sure I am not the first nor the last to ask, so hopefully others will benefit from your advice.

vwcrusher's gear list:vwcrusher's gear list
Sony a7R II Samyang AF 75mm F1.8 FE Tamron 28-200mm F2.8-5.6 Samyang AF 35mm F1.8 FE
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow