V860II-S + A7R IV limitation?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alwajeeh Forum Member • Posts: 57
V860II-S + A7R IV limitation?

I own 2 Godox V860II-S and been using them without issues with my older A-mount cameras. I've recently mounted the flash on my Sony A7R IV and encountered these limitations:

1- Instead of 5, the flash has only 2 operation modes when mounted (optical master and optical slave). The other 3 modes (radio master, radio slave and the normal TTL/M) are not available anymore. They come back by turning off the camera or unmounting the flash.

2- The rear sync option is turned off (grayed-out on the camera) and the camera asks me to use a compatible flash. Turning off or unmounting the flash, the option becomes available again.

Both limitations disappeared when mounting the flash atop older cameras (e.g. A99-II)

Updating the flash's firmware to the latest version (1.7) did not help.

Any one has an idea or suggestions?

Thanks a lot guys.

Alwajeeh's gear list:Alwajeeh's gear list
Sony a99 II Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM II Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha a99 +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a7R IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow