* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #664 on 2021 01 13 *

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
RoelHendrickx
OP RoelHendrickx Forum Pro • Posts: 27,373
Re: Snow Day

P3T3S wrote:

minniev wrote:

It snowed two days ago, the first snow in 3 years which is about our average. It didn't amount to much and was gone soon, but it motivated us to tromp through the woods across from our house. Dog Zeke had never seen snow and went berserk running, leaping and eating it. Must have been channeling his ancestors from Labrador.

Our woods look very similar at the moment. The fall of snow from the beginning of the week is slowly melting and is patchy. It’s waiting for the next lot, as my mother put it.

Again, the series is peaceful, with a limited palette, but instead of Roel’s blues, you have autumnal browns and golds, which give them a certain warmth, even though the overall effect is a cold winter’s day.

The series starts well with a few wider shots, then moves on to the detail.

My favourite is the sad looking leaf with its frozen tears.

Pete

Agree with Pete, except for another favourite: my favourite is shot number 5, with its melancholy scene of a marsh where the water stays fluid but the ground is cold enough to keep the snow white, at least for a while.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: http://www.roelh.zenfolio.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow