Best lens for....

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Eric Gerards
Eric Gerards Regular Member • Posts: 101
Re: Best lens for....

renixx wrote:

Hi everyone,
For some time I have been doing lightpainting with FF body (Nikon) but for Christmas my daughter gave me an Olympus M10 mark II and I noticed that it has the great LiveCOMP utility designed for sill life and lightpainting.
Considering that for the Lightpainting on FF I use focal lengths from 40 to 70mm, and obviously in manual focus, what kind of lens do you recommend that have a very good overall performance? I would use it from f/8 to f/16 ... I've seen both Lumix G 25/1.7 and Olympus 17 2.8 ... but I'm not sure of their quality for my shots. What do you recommend? Being a job in which autofocus is not necessary, I also evaluate some manual focus lenses... Thanks

I think it entirely depends on the composition that you have in mind. When a lens is able to produce a more than decent image with normal photography, it will also be possible to make a LiveCOMP image with it.

The last LiveCOMP image I took, was taken with the Olympus 12-40mm lens:

And here is one taken August last year using the Olympus 9-18mm:

Eric Gerards's gear list:Eric Gerards's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow