ISO preference on Pana G9

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sundre
Sundre Regular Member • Posts: 325
ISO preference on Pana G9

I was looking at a few photos I took in bright daylight, and noticed that the settings were 1/125, f/8 and ISO 1250. I have set ISO to auto between 200 and 1600. I see no reason for having so high ISO in a bright daylight picture, you could easily have dropped shutter speed to 1/80 or even lower with no issues.

There seems to be no way to tell the G9 which to prioritise, so does this mean I need to manually limit ISO every time? I usually shoot in aperture priority mode, and most of the time when there is plenty of light, the camera keeps the ISO in the 200-800 range. While 1250 is still usable, there are unnecessary amounts of noise - at 1/60 and f/8, it could have used ISO 200 or 400 instead.

I am generally finding the camera's metering a bit iffy, and often end up having to do a lot of adjustment in PP. Is this normal with the G9?

Sundre's gear list:Sundre's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow