on1 raw on M1 air editing ... anyone?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
akjos
akjos Veteran Member • Posts: 4,564
on1 raw on M1 air editing ... anyone?

I’m huge fan of on1 raw despite its issues and limitations just like every other software...

I recently bought M1 air with 8 gb ram and 8 gpu cores. Also got new and shiny 2021 version of On1

it was all cool and exciting and for editing jpgs slightly ... and it IS faster then my previous alienware I7 16gb laptop with 2 SSDs BUT my MAIN issue and that is using adjustment brushes ... is still quite choppy and not fluid. Again I was only editing 20mp jpgs from R6... and didn’t even use the “ perfect brush” with automatic masking because that was ALWAYS a disaster...

what gives? I was all excited to go to mac for SPEED and reliability... and as mind blowing the reviews were scrubbing thru 4k even 8k timelines with video editing my darn brush is still stuttering when doing minor dodge/ burn etc

checking the activity monitor RAM usage never went over 2.34 GB on on1 and about 5.4 total... there was still free memory left and I experienced major choppiness using the brush and even one crash after about hour of editing 😐

anyone else using new M1 mac with on1?? Same issues?
thanks

Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow