500pf shots with D500 and D850...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tom Stites
Tom Stites Regular Member • Posts: 174
500pf shots with D500 and D850...

These images were both shot handheld this afternoon in my backyard.  One using my D500 and the other with my D850...both from essentially the same location/distance and fairly heavily cropped approximately the same size and uploaded.

The light did change somewhat and the bird (Yellow-bellied Sapsucker) did move slightly during the time I went inside and changed bodies.

Being handheld, not such a rigorous comparison shooting with the D500 or D850, but interesting, nonetheless.  Both shot at 1/1250th at f5.6 using Auto ISO.  Processed in LR Classic with Auto settings, but raised the blacks ever so slightly.  No NR used and sharpening left at default.

As for my preference in shooting these shots, I'd rather shoot with the D500...the bird was larger in the VF and easier to get spot focus point on the eye than with the D850.

Please feel free to discuss among yourselves...

Cheers!

Tom Stites's gear list:Tom Stites's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +25 more
Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF Nikon D500 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow