Reducing flange distance?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
MOD Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 42,306
Re: Reducing flange distance?

E Dinkla wrote:

mapachebasura wrote:

So I'm trying to jump on some of this adapted lens fun and am starting with the now-seems-anachronistic 25mm c-mount CCTV lens craze. But since I'm just trying for fun artsy crap because I'm burnt out on 'technical greatness,' I started looking at other weird mount lenses.

There are some that i can adapt to hell and back (like some CS ones), but ultimately they're gonna get further and further from the mirror which I know from experiments with toy lenses isn't going to work.

Are there commercially available adapters that actually recede more into the body of the camera or somehow help 'bridge the gap' physically or focally?

It would help if you are more specific on what camera you use. 'Mirror' in your message is not promising much for adapting C or CS mount lenses. Recessed adapter will not work either then.

25mm C-mount adapters are quite common for more brands of mirrorless camera's. There is a recessed C-mount one for M4/3.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
No photographer's gear list is complete without the printer mentioned !

My experience of trying to fit C-Mount lenses on M4/3 is one of deep frustration and “given up”.  Some C-Mount lenses do work - others are physically too wide to fit inside the recessed C-Mount adapter, others vignette.  It they work they are excellent, but I went off on my own pioneer journey, anyone following the same path looking for Nirvana needs to do some serious research. I had better luck in some ways with D-Mount lenses on a Pentax Q.  But a similar issue arises - many D-Mount lenses are quite cheap but have no focus ring  - relying on dof from aperture setting to pull focus in.In the end I found a very few good lenses in D-Mount, but they are neither cheap or naturally not-telephoto.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow