A64 Shutter Priority Mode but Aperture won’t change

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gizm0m0 Junior Member • Posts: 31
A64 Shutter Priority Mode but Aperture won’t change

Hi all. A hobbyist here. Got myself my dream lens 70200/2.8 and now having a hard time adjusting to it. Would appreciate any help I could get from you fine folks. This is my first ever zoom, telephoto zoom aside to kit lens that’s collecting dust. Was hoping this could be a one for all so I wouldn’t have to swap lens. (I only have one body atm). Never thought it would be so overwhelming. 
I was messing around with it inside the house with low light and...

1) I kept getting the MM -2 then the screen went black after it tries to focus. I googled this and see it’s “Metered Manual” but I’m not quite sure what it means.

2) When I tried the Shutter Priority Mode which normally would change the aperture automatically but it didn’t. What am I doing wrong?

3) Does this lens always yield so much noise. From some is the picture I got it was so grainy... Maybe ISO Max set to tok high? What would be the recommended number for this lens?

Any tips and/or suggestions would be 💯 appreciated as I so desperately need them. Thank you in advance!

Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow