Green Cay and Wako yesterday

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
snapa
snapa Veteran Member • Posts: 4,864
Green Cay and Wako yesterday

It was such a nice day, me and the wife decided to go out for 2 hours and check out the wildlife. We went to Green Cay first for one hours and one lap, then did the same at Wako since it's only a five minute drive. When we got to Wako, Justin was there waiting to take a few BIF pictures just before sunset, it's always nice to see him out there! Although it takes about 30 minutes to get there, it was well worth the drive, as you will see. It seems like the birds have finally started to nest and fill the small islands of trees, so there was plenty to see and shoot.

I have plenty more pictures to share, but I can only post a few in the OP, but I'll start out with the pictures I think were worth posting first. I don't take too many BIF pictures, so I figured I'd throw a few into the mix. I don't get that many keeper BIF pictures, I wonder if the improved AF on the a6400/a6600 would give me more keepers? If anyone can answer that question coming from the a6300 could answer that question, I'd like to know. I also tried to include as much variety to keep it interesting.

Anhinga, preening as the do alot when drying off.

Another Anhinga with an iguana making it uncomfortable for him while shaking the branches.

A cattle egret flying low.

One of the many gators we saw cruising around.

Another gator that looks like it just ate something, and still had a mouth full of plants.

Just a grebe coming up for air after eating a few fish.

A tri-color heron relieving itself. I just hope it did not hit anyone on the board walk.

One of the many glossy ibis birds that seemed to have the sun hitting it just right to show off its colors.

Another one with its colorful iridescent feathers.

The wood storks have finally begun to start nesting.

A Great Blue Heron, one of my favorite bird. They are there all year long.

An ibis, with another as a reflection.

I had to post an iguana, since there were so many out there.

An finally, one last BIF shot of a wood stork since it flew right past me.

Well... that's it for this week, I hope you liked a few of them. I might have to start doing this once a week as long as the weather stays so nice and the birds keep coming.

As usual, any and all comments and questions are always welcome.

-- hide signature --

Life is short, so make the best of it while you can!
http://grob.smugmug.com/
https://grob.smugmug.com/Wildlife-Pictures/

snapa's gear list:snapa's gear list
NEX-5T Sony a6300 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +4 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow