C&C Sunsets

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
mfinley
mfinley Senior Member • Posts: 4,893
Re: C&C Sunsets

A nice consistent color range to the set.

If you're looking for C&C - For number 2 the framing with 80-90% of the image is the sky, I don't think the sky truly supports that much dominance, it loses me a lot in the upper left-hand corner, as all of the visual interest to me is in the lower 2/3rds of the sky

The last one is interesting with the heavy lower vignetting. If we are C&Cing it, I think it works as you framed if you take it back into post-processing and get some of the color into the right-hand side or look at another version with another crop to get rid of the too-dark less interesting dominating right side and bring focus to the main part of the scene with the surfer exiting off-center onto the right. A final pro level tip if you're interested - whenever you're shooting something like this, unless you're really excellent at your timing, something to think about is to shoot 3-4 frames so you have a choice to pick one where the surfer's legs are in the best position.

Purely personal opinion, scenes like these have many interpretations and most of what I wrote is purely nit-picking.

-- hide signature --
 mfinley's gear list:mfinley's gear list
Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow