Suggestions for a new body compatible with EF-S lenses

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pradeep Raamana
Pradeep Raamana New Member • Posts: 5
Suggestions for a new body compatible with EF-S lenses

I've a Canon EOS Rebel XS from 2008 and a few lenses: kit lens 18-55, zoom lens 55-250mm and a 40mm prime lens. As you can guess the camera is old, slow and lacks a ton of features, and hence I'd like to buy a newer Canon body that's compatible with the lenses I have, that sets me up for the next 10 years.. I am just a hobbyist and looking to spend no more than $750-100 for the body (and/or a few lenses) to upgrade myself. Appreciate your thoughtful suggestions (as I have been out of the loop with all the advances and models etc)

I've seen the EOS T7 and M50 in a bunch of top lists (best cameras under $1000), but I think I'd like something better than T7 and ideally not mirrorless to avoid having to use adapter mounts etc. But if you think mirrorless is the future for intermediate non-professional hobbyist guys like you, please say so, and I am happy consider getting a mount (and a camera rig to make them more ergonomic).

ANSWER:
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Canon EOS Rebel T7 (EOS 2000D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow