Precision Camera Disappoints Another User

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Steve W Veteran Member • Posts: 5,341
Re: Precision Camera Disappoints Another User

AZheaven wrote:

I was in charge of shipping boat parts at a boat company in FL for 4 years. Everyone who packed the parts packed them to survive just about anything short of a steam roller running over the box.

For 27 years I worked at FedEx Express as a driver. I was appalled at how some companies, mainly Amazon, packed expensive items. LensRental, B & H, and I would assume Adorama also did the best. On a side note where I buy most of my gear from, Woodland Hills Camera and Telescope, they also pack their packages great.

Don't assume B&H always does a great job. I've had several less than optimum packaging of new Canon L or Sony GM lenses. The saving grace is that Canon's own package design is great. Sony pretty good as well. The problems mostly occur when original seller packaging is not used which happens a lot for a repair.

The point is this. Packaging expensive gear correctly the first time eliminates many things. Like refunds, damage claims, etc. Thanks to the OP for bringing this up since my camera is at Precision Camera for repair. I'll be on the lookout for how they ship it back to me.

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Sony a9 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T4 Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM +37 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow