Fujifilm x-t2, samyang 12mm. 30 sec, F2, iso 400.

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
Jerry-astro
Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 16,776
Re: Fujifilm x-t2, samyang 12mm. 30 sec, F2, iso 400.

Terrific shot and an outstanding setting.  A quick suggestion or two... consider reducing your exposure time a tad to around 25s.  I shoot a lot of astro at that FL (but with a different 12mm lens) and you start getting some trailing and point distortion, particularly at the edges, when you shoot any slower than that.  Consider some careful NR on your finished image.  It will clean it up a bit, highlight the detail, and if you do it carefully, you won't lose much if any detail (i.e. stars).  Finally, you definitely have some room to increase your ISO, thus enabling an even faster shutter speed if desired.  I regularly shoot starscapes at ISO 3200 and still find the noise to be very manageable.  Even going to 800 or 1600 will help you gather more detail and allow you to hold your exposure time down.

Nice work!

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow