Canon 7D Mark II or 90D for Bird Photography

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Saumbi
Saumbi Regular Member • Posts: 111
Re: Canon 7D Mark II or 90D for Bird Photography

The 90D has come and gone, it carried to much baggage in the IQ department for me.

first off it needs the latest glass, not at all happy with my old L glass, the 300 f4, the 34-70, and the non IS 70-200 which is close to my 70-200 IS II did not work for me.

Seemed not to play well above 800 ISO, I just didn't like it, softer images and even raw only seemed to be soft but harsh.

Did I have a copy with focus issues?? Not sure, but I could be spoiled by the 1DX and 5DIII I updated from. I think I will just grab a 7D MarkII and know at least focus issues will be over, the 70D in my opinion was better using anything but the very newest L glass in less than full sun and lower light, just to many misses with focus from either.

Like I said, maybe I just got a bad copy, but for me the bigger files were not as clean as my 70D, and it is just has to many images that miss for sports and wildlife. I think the XXD cameras are better at satisfying those looking for video or still when at leisurely less than fast action, but not wildlife or sports.

Saumbi's gear list:Saumbi's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow