Interesting article for XT4 and BiF I felt

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ad12 Contributing Member • Posts: 951
Interesting article for XT4 and BiF I felt

https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/stories/fuji-xt4-birds-in-flight-test/

Not strictly scientific, but interesting! I only have an XT3, but with the firmware update, I suspect most things to be applicable, with the exception of the shooting max rate.

Few things I found particularly interesting which went against what i thought was best:

-  Article recommends electronic shutter. I believed that rolling shutter was a shot ruiner, but in this article it seems preferential. I must admit - imagine following a BiF and taking shots with no blackouts/delays or anything, must be really nice! I've never tried it.

- Pre shot ES - again I never use the ES, but this could be very useful for if you are slow to release the shutter

- Whilst tracking was poor for busy backgrounds, which is why i always use zone, this article found tracking was actually better for keepers across the blue sky than the zone mode. I think I will try this, as it could be useful!

- The author when using zone uses 7x7 grid. I personally use 3x3. I guess this depends on how much you fill the frame. I tend to be zoomed out as my ability to track sucks, but as experience improves, fill the frame using 7x7 could be good. Also, i think it depends on the size of the bird and the background. Probably need to be flexible in the zone choice.

- The highest hit rate was achieved using the 200mm prime, but also with the 1.25x crop mode. Crop mode didnt seem to help with the 400mm though. Personally i'd always prefer the full 26mp in any case.

I thought it was interesting.

Ad12's gear list:Ad12's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7i Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow