Shropshire Hills Landscape Photos - The Stiperstones

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lukus
Lukus Regular Member • Posts: 100
Shropshire Hills Landscape Photos - The Stiperstones

These were all taken with the 50-140mm and X-H1, handheld. As I say in the blog post where there are more from the set, the conditions were unbelievably windy, which doesn't show in the images at all, and I almost took a nasty tumble at one point (my immediate priority being to hold my camera out of harm's way, haha!) -

https://lukebennettphotos.com/blog/2020/12/13/the-stiperstones

I really enjoy using the 50 - 140 for landscapes as you can drill into some of the far off scenes and get some nice perspectives.

Stolen from Wiki -

The Stiperstones is a distinctive hill in the county of Shropshire, England. The quartzite rock of the ridge formed some 480 million years ago. During the last Ice Age Stiperstones lay on the eastern margin of the Welsh ice sheet. The hill itself was not glaciated though glaciers occupied surrounding valleys and it was subject to intense freezing and thawing which shattered the quartzite into a mass of jumbled scree surrounding several residual rocky tors.[1] At 536 metres (1,759 ft) above sea level it is the second-highest hill in the county, surpassed only by Brown Clee Hill (540 metres (1,772 ft)). Stiperstones' 8-kilometre (5 mi) summit ridge is crowned by several jagged outcrops of rock, which may be seen silhouetted against the sky.
The general area has a long history of lead mining, most notably during the Roman occupation of Britain. Several pigs of lead have been found nearby, and the tradition continued into Victorian times.

The area around the Stiperstones is rich in myths and folklore relating to the rocks of the Devil's Chair. According to one legend, the ghost of Wild Edric, a Saxon earl who held lands that were confiscated after 1066 and successfully defied the Normans, for a time at least, rides the hills whenever England is threatened by invasion.

Lukus's gear list:Lukus's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +3 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm X-H1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow