Canon 5DS-R and 90D issues with downloading via USB 3.0 ports

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Edgar in Atlanta Forum Member • Posts: 85
Re: Canon 5DS-R and 90D issues with downloading via USB 3.0 ports

Thank you all for your replies. I have gotten in the habit of connecting my cameras by USB cable because of some reports years ago of damage to the camera card sockets presumably caused by installing and uninstalling the cards so many times. Those reports may have been misleading then or perhaps are no longer valid today.

On checking again, I see my 90D is recognized by my Windows 10 PC when connecting to the USB 3.0 ports, not sure how I concluded earlier it was not. On the other hand, my 5DS-R is not recognized by any of the PC USB 3.0 ports front or rear. As suggested, this may be a Windows 10 driver issue or it may be due to the 5DS-R predating ubiquitous availability of USB 3.0.

I will try the card reader recommendation and otherwise rely on USB 2.0, which works with the 5DS-R. Again, thank you for your assistance with this question.

Edgar in Atlanta's gear list:Edgar in Atlanta's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS 90D Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow