Flickr

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
newmikey Veteran Member • Posts: 5,041
I left

richiebee wrote:

Any opinions on the current state of Flickr? It went through a pretty dire period a year ago with the CEO making a desperate, almost threatening plea to users to subscribe to the Pro model to keep it alive.

Its still up. So did it work, or is it on its last legs?

When I realized the cost of a one-year subscription of Flickr now was equal to a year-long domain and hosting package with a reputable internet hosting company. To be honest, I never used any of the community stuff and to me Flickr served more to share images with family and on fora (using BBCode). Others who do use the discussion groups and all of the other community stuff may have a different experience.

I simply did a CBA based on my own user case and Flickr lost bigtime. It does seem like the site itself is still working fine though and there are ample users who are willing to pay so the CEO's plea seems to have worked.

newmikey's gear list:newmikey's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K-70 Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow