Holding on to the 200-500mm 5.6 after acquiring the 500mm 5.6 prime?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Blufftonian
Blufftonian Contributing Member • Posts: 747
Re: Holding on to the 200-500mm 5.6 after acquiring the 500mm 5.6 prime?

jeffnles1 wrote:

I've put off buying the 500 PF. I am retired and absolutely cannot afford to keep both. Fact is, I would have to sell several things including the 200-500 and a couple guitars to be able to afford the 500PF. Other than being significantly lighter and a little sharper, I'm not sure the benefit of the lens outshines the cost of what I have to give up to get it.

I guess I'll keep the 200-500 until it gives up the ghost or I decide to sell all my Nikon gear and a couple of my guitars to switch to one of the Canon or Sony mirrorless formats.

Oh well, the good news is the 200-500 meets my needs now and for the foreseeable future. None of us know what tomorrow will bring.

Jeff

I have the 200-500 and am thinking about adding a 500 PF.  I'm pretty sure I'd keep both unless I also wanted to spring for a 300 PF.

But selling a guitar to fund the purchases?  That would require some very serious thought!

Blufftonian's gear list:Blufftonian's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow