Finally - Olympus 30mm f3.5 Macro

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
maggiemole Senior Member • Posts: 1,690
Finally - Olympus 30mm f3.5 Macro

I finally acknowledged after reading posts from Mike Rowe, Adrian Harris and Nick the Gardner's Assistant that I have been failing with macro because I was too ambitious for a novice. So, with humility, I have now ordered the Olympus macro and look forward to it arriving in the next 2 weeks (I gather there might be some delay getting stocks into the UK at the moment). I had originally thought I could use my zoom lenses with additional equipment (tubes, Raynox 150 or close-up lenses) but finally cottoned on to the fact that my lack of technique was the main problem, and I'll be better off using a simpler macro lens to get up to speed.

Any comments from users of this lens? It looks very good in reviews. It will go on my Panasonic GX9, and as I dislike flash I hope to use the ring light instead to compensate for the f3.5 moderately sized aperture. The main interest is in static things not as small as tiny insects or flies' eyes.

Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow