Z50 + Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 pictures

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
awy Forum Member • Posts: 86
Re: Z50 + Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 pictures

Mark wrote:

Sharing a few example pictures taken with the Z50 +16-50mm kit lens. Bought it as a Christmas present for my teenage son. He’s not using it much, so I thought I might instead and I've used it quite a bit over the past few weeks.

What I like a lot:

-Size & weight of the camera body + lens

-Kit lens is sharp with great color over the entire zoom range

-Lens stabilization (honestly don’t worry about shutter speed with this camera except for moving subjects)

-The grip!!!

-Really nice color presets in camera (in particular standard and landscape) and good color straight away (WB auto1 and natural light WB seems to work best for me)

-Capture NX-D is really a very complete set of RAW conversion tools (albeit a bit sluggish despite 32 GB of RAM

…the list could go on and on...

What I rather not like(d):

-EVF color – needed huge adjustment, way too much red/magenta tint (QA issue or normal?)

-Fn buttons are a bit too recessed between the grip and the lens mount even for my smallish hands

-i-menu “ok” confirmation – I can’t believe it that I must confirm every setting change with an additional press of “ok”

-Animal eye focus- I just can’t make it work (not so useful anyway with the 16-50 lens... )

-no overexposure warning (but a good histogram)

All pictures are either camera jpegs or NEF converted with very minor modifications in Capture-NX (exposure, changes and color preset, mainly SD and LS) + the white frame of course in PS…

Beautiful photos...

Evf and live view exposures will be different.. you can adjust it from the menu's.

Yes Autofocus is pain even on my z6 as well when compared with competition.

Love Nikon colours and handling

I have love and hate experience in capture nxd.. some times I wish capture nxd has layers or masks

awy's gear list:awy's gear list
Nikon Z 50mm F1.8
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow