Flickr

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Aaron801 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,785
I still use it...

The era some years ago when it was more popular kind of coincided with my getting really into digital photography and I posted there a lot. Lately I've been less inspired to shoot so I'm posting a browsing there less... but it seems that there's less activity then there has been in the past. Nonetheless, it's well designed and if you have less than 1000 photos (as I do) and don't need some other features than it's free. Besides the gallery aspect, I really like the kind of community happening there, which is largely photographers and not just folks posting photos (like Instagram). I've gotten exposed to some really great work from folks all over the world on this platform. I don't really love the fact that there's so many ads on there these days, but I understand that they have to make a buck to keep it going, so I'm OK with that.

Impersonally, don't know of anything any better as far as a free online gallery and community of photographers. I have checked out  some of the competitors in the past, but I always found things about them lacking as compared to Flickr...

-- hide signature --

my flickr:
www.flickr.com/photos/128435329@N08/

Aaron801's gear list:Aaron801's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow