If you shoot both FF and APS-C, how do you mentally adjust to the change in depth of field?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zurubi Contributing Member • Posts: 514
If you shoot both FF and APS-C, how do you mentally adjust to the change in depth of field?

I am posting this here because I am a Fuji shooter and recently added a full frame system. Since I've been shooting with Fuji gear/APSC for years, the depth of field for different apertures and lenses is kind of natural and somehow burned into my brain. I find that when I grab my FF camera I am not mentally adjusting to the reduced DOF for the same aperture and FL and I often miss the correct DOF for landscapes where I want a big part of the frame in focus.

Just curious what other folks are doing; please don't answer that I can look at tables or zoom into parts of the frame. Many shots require muscle memory and I clearly don't have this for the FF system.

zurubi's gear list:zurubi's gear list
Sony a7R III Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow