Olympus Colours - 12 megapixel vs 16 megapixel

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Haddington
Haddington Junior Member • Posts: 25
Olympus Colours - 12 megapixel vs 16 megapixel

I used to love the colours in my 12 megapixel E-P1. I have two Olympus bodies now - a 16 megapixel EM10-II and a 20 megapixel EM1-II. Superb colours, of course, but - to my eyes - not quite as good as my old E-P1.

Now that the price is peanuts, I'm considering rebuying an old 12 megapixel body so that I can rediscover those old colours. So my question is - for people who have shot using E-P1 and E-P3 - are the colours the same? Ideally I'd like to buy a P3 because of it's superior LCD screen and high ISO performance. But if it means missing out on those beautiful E-P1 colours I'll buy a P2 instead - simply because it's the oldest model that supports my VF-4 (which I find essential for shooting in bright sunlight.)

Any thoughts? I think the P3 is basically the same as the PL3 so I guess the question applies equally to the PL1 vs the PL3.

Haddington's gear list:Haddington's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +5 more
Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus PEN E-P3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow