Canon EOS 100D randomly stops recording

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BluetheNerd New Member • Posts: 1
Canon EOS 100D randomly stops recording

So I've had this issue since I bought the camera, I bought it second hand, and mostly wanted it for YouTube because even a cheap 1080p DSLR is an upgrade to a webcam, however the camera randomly stops recording. This issue is persistent every recording and the amount of time is random, at most it's recorded for over 30 minutes, at less it cut out at 9 minutes, or even today 20 seconds into the recording. The memory card is 32gb 30mb/s and I delete the videos off it before each recording so it definitely shouldn't be full, and the write speed should be fast enough. I use EOS Utility to shoot because the camera doesn't have a moveable screen so it's the only way I can see what I'm doing, it still saves videos to my cameras card and not my computer, although honestly it would be way easier if it did record to my PC because I wouldn't have to export, but I haven't found a way. Anyway that is off topic. Does anyone know why my camera randomly stops recording, or what I can do to prevent it from happening? It's not the batteries because the camera still has plenty, and recently I bought an AC adapter and the issue persists, so I'm really not sure what it is. Any help is welcome because I emailed Canon a week ago and they never got back to me.

Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (EOS 100D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow