Macro with Oly 60 mm

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Adrian Harris
Adrian Harris Veteran Member • Posts: 6,439
Re: Macro with Oly 60 mm

jcr1 wrote:

As I said in a previous post, I've found the Oly 60mm lens excellent for portraits. But I'd really like to pursue macro photography.

Here are a few of my initial attempts;

I feel I have a lot to learn!

These have been processed to a certain extent. I've tried Focus Stacking - but I'm a bit unsure about it. From what I read, Bracketing and then stacking the photos in Photo Shop or something similar is better. The site I was looking at said that the 8 images produced in Focus Stacking is not enough for macro work - need more like 15 or so?

What do people think is the best way to go about this macro photography with my new 60 mm lens?

That's a great start.  I can't post examples at this moment as am in bath and using my phone to read forum, but I have also been enjoying playing with my new Olympus 60mm macro lens this week and it shows great promise that it will be an excellent tool for the job.

One thing I will report though is that my Olympus 60mm macro at 1:1 seems happiest for flat field sharpness between f4 and f8. It's ridiculously sharp in middle at f2.8, but my tests so far shows its all mush by f14 at 1:1 magnification.

-- hide signature --
 Adrian Harris's gear list:Adrian Harris's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony SLT-A77 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow