Z6 II vs Z7 II?? Can't decide!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MustAg
MustAg Forum Member • Posts: 51
Z6 II vs Z7 II?? Can't decide!

Ok, so I know the usual suspect differences, if you need large prints go with Z7 ii, if you're a videographer gowith Z6 ii. It's a bit more complex. Here are the facts:

- For now I don't print large frames at all but I do crop sometimes

- I LOVE fine details in pics.

- My kind of photography: Landscape - animals and wildlife - macro - nature.

- I don't take photos for a living, I'm not a professional

- I appreciate a good (9+ fps) burst speed and very good AF

Most people tell me 25MP will resolve plenty of details, and that I should put the money towards a battery grip or some glass.

Then I heard that Z6 ii has an olpf, and those mess up details so that nearly convinced me to forget about Z6 ii and save up 1k more for the Z7 ii, and that's not a big deal I don't need to upgrade from my Z50 tomorrow.

But then I talked to some architecture and fashion photographers and they told me the olpf isn't so evil, and it does help with moire which is an issue on Z7 sometimes and you can't quite get rid of it all the time, and that Z6 is pretty good with details.

Honestly I'm not sure which one I want anymore. Any advice would be highly appreciated!

Nikon Z50 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 Nikon Z7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow