New to Fuji, plus new TTArtisans 50mm f/1.2

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mike Mungall New Member • Posts: 7
New to Fuji, plus new TTArtisans 50mm f/1.2

After 12 years, my Canon 7D eventually died. Looking at Canon alternatives, I felt the R6 was my best choice, but it felt too big, and as good as the lenses may be, the new RF mount lens are just ridiculously expensive. I could have used my existing L zooms, but then you're not getting the full benefits of the system that you've paid for.

I have also been using my Lumix LX3 then LX100 II more than my 7D, so I felt getting an even bulkier kit to replace it might not motivate me towards getting out more.

So I bought a X-T3 and I absolutely love it. It is a joy to hold and use, and takes me back to my early days with a OM10 then OM2. The handling is brilliant, and the functionality available after using a 20 year old camera for so long is a revelation. Not got out much yet to push the 16-55mm, but lockdown will end and it might even stop raining...

As a bit of fun, I also bought the TTArtisan 50mm f/1.2. I was firstly surprised at how good the build is, and again how easy manual focus is with the X-T3. I'm very sure the equivalent Fuji lenses would be better, but as a bit of cheap fun for a infrequent portrait taker, the TTArtisan lens feels like a no-brainer. Below are a couple of simple snaps from a quick walk between rain showers. Almost SOOC jpgs.

X-T3/TTArtisans 50mm f/1.2

X-T3/TTArtisans 50mm f/1.2

I'm delighted with my move to Fuji and can already feel my motivation and desire to get out and take photographs stronger than it has been in years.

-- hide signature --

Mike

Mike Mungall's gear list:Mike Mungall's gear list
Panasonic LX100 II Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +1 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-T3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic LX100 Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow