need Help with stacking

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
A-Marc
A-Marc Contributing Member • Posts: 720
need Help with stacking

i need help with stacking, i got me a focus rail and thought it would be easy to stack a few images, but its not. i do miss some stuff and need you guys to help me with how to better the result.

i took loads of shots using a A7R4, on tripod, on focus rail, Zeiss Loxia 35, tethered into Capture One. Moved the rail just a tiny bit, than released the shutter via Capture One. did not touch the camera.

so far so good, after that i exported the images as 16bit tiff and loaded it into Affinity Photo as a Focus Stack.

This is now where the trouble starts, i get horrible misaligned stacks with somewhat like ugly looking pixel appearance. the result does not look anything as i want it to be.

here is the horrible alignment and i am not able to correct 16 or more shots by hand.

what am i doing wrong ? Is Affinity just not capable to align deeper stacks. What Software would give me better results ? Does the loxia have a too large field of view ? does the problem come with the perspective framing of the shot ? ....

Questions over questions in my head, any help is much appreciated.

-- hide signature --
 A-Marc's gear list:A-Marc's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a7R IV Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow