PRO-200 or PRO-300? It depends...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Keith Cooper
Keith Cooper Senior Member • Posts: 2,665
PRO-200 or PRO-300? It depends...

As some may know, I almost never do comparative reviews, but after testing the PRO-200, and still having a PRO-300 here, I thought I'd have a go.

The short answer is that for colour prints to hand out to impress people I'd go for the 200 whilst for B&W and prints to sell (esp on baryta style papers), I'd veer towards the 300. Then again, the longevity of the 200 inks and depth of colour/blacks on art papers might even convince some of the benefits of the 200.

In fact, with the price difference, I'd seriously look at a choice between the 1000 and 300 (making a replacement for the 1000 of particular interest).

How this all fits with Canon's pricing strategies for printers and inks in different regions is left as an exercise to the reader...

NB Printers were safely removed from the test lab before the House Management™ got up...

-- hide signature --

bye for now
Keith Cooper

Keith Cooper's gear list:Keith Cooper's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow