Beginning again?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Marc1t
Marc1t Junior Member • Posts: 29
Beginning again?

Good day to you all.
I’m totally new to this forum, but not entirely to photography,. Over the years Iv dabbled,  & learned a bit, & taken a few half decent shots, but never really had the time to concentrate any real time to it, family life work & other commitments just got in the way, until now. & I’m embarrassed to say most of my photography in recent years has been from my mobile phone.

Now I would like to devote a bit more time to digital photography as Iv always had a real interest, mainly landscapes, portraits & Due  to lack of finances Iv always made do with not ideal equipment, things have changed a little there so now looking to invest a little without going mad of course.

I would just like to ask you very experienced & professional photographers advice on equipment that would really make a difference.

what I have is an old Nikon D90 with two lenses a 24-120 f3.5-5.6 & a recently purchased 24-70 f2.8 which in a moment of madness bought for an extortionate price a flashgun Nikon SB 600 & some accessories  a good Manfretto tripod & ball head, remote, & some filters ND & polarising + skylights on the lenses.

Iv just bought a brand new Apple MacBook Air ( Iv always made do with crap & slow computers) & loaded PS Elements I deliberated about the full PS program as I didn’t want to subscribe & it would probably take me a year to learn how to use it anyway which for me seemed a bit of a waste of money at least for now. I’m interested  in your thoughts here.

So questions. Obviously I don’t want to fork out thousands ££££ at once but would ask what additional lenses/ equipment would be useful & is it worth upgrading the body to something newer like aD750 for eg.

My daughter is starting photography at school/ collage & she will need a camera so was thinking of upgrading anyway & giving her my old D90.

Any advice would be so useful to me at this stage.

many thanks

Marc.

Marc1t's gear list:Marc1t's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D810
Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Bob
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow