Is there a cheaper way into MF, or just Fuji?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
crashwins Contributing Member • Posts: 973
Is there a cheaper way into MF, or just Fuji?

I'm coming from using Nikon's flagship DLSRs for year (D800-D850) as a portraitist. I stick to 50mm or wider, generally. I don't use burst shooting, preferring a more slowed-down approach, and I often use OCF (octas) on location. I was never really convinced of MF until I downloaded from GFX 50s RAWs with the 63mm and was really impressed with the color. I wasn't hooked, but I was convinced my work could benefit, not just from the processing, but maybe enjoying the photo-taking process a bit more (the D850 is 10x the camera I need in the AF, gadget dpt).

So among MF options for usable ISO 1000 is it only the Fuji or maybe the 645Z? I don't need more than 50mps...I'm also not convinced at all by the EVF, so an older comparable sensor/body to the Fuji would be great for me. I am, however, convinced of the files. People talk a lot about bits (there's only 14 in the Fuji, they say, same as the Nikon), but this never seems to be an issue for many of my photo heroes using the IQ250, which I think is just 14 bits too 😋

Nikon D850 Pentax 645Z
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow