Should I get the Manfrotto Befree Live?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BigKhunaBurger New Member • Posts: 18
Should I get the Manfrotto Befree Live?

I currently have a Manfrotto Pixi Evo and a generic $35 tripod for my A6400. Recently, I've begun to distrust the generic due to its poor build quality, and the Pixi is only useful in certain use cases, so I decided to find a tripod I could use for both video (currently a HS film student) and international travel (once the pandemic ends, of course). I looked up Manfrottos with video heads and found the Befree Live , which seems to be smaller and lighter than the 290 Xtra + 128RCs I've used at school. However, I've been unsatisfied with the 128RC, and worried that the Befree's head is about as good as the former. In addition, I've also looked into the 190x tripods, which is offered at B&H in bundles with better heads, at the cost of a higher price tag and a heavier weight, the latter of which could hinder the travel part listed above. Should I get the Befree, or should I purchase something with better performance and upgradability? Alternatively, are there any tripods from Manfrotto or other brands that are similar in terms of performance to the Befree?

BigKhunaBurger's gear list:BigKhunaBurger's gear list
Fujifilm XP130 Sony RX100 VA Nikon D300 Sony a6400 GoPro Hero8 Black +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow