Suggestions for a dual handle-type camera rig?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BigBrother70 Forum Member • Posts: 90
Suggestions for a dual handle-type camera rig?

Pardon in advance any terminology gaffs here- I am a beginner

I was looking for this sort of rig to shoot video with my M50:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IB8T42C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_i_RaSaGbP614FA4

You might wonder then why I need to post! Well, it’s the sort of thing where I’m not familiar with the gear out there and maybe there’s a better solution. I’ll explain:

- I want to be able to shoot with two comfortable vertical grips on each side of the camera.

- But because of the intended orientation (portrait) there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to mount my camera on one of these. If I rotate on a ball and socket type mount, I’m guessing it’ll hit the bottom of the frame (unlike with my Manfrotto tripod where it can obviously hang off the mount with no problem). Interestingly while typing this it gave me an idea – is there a way with DSLRs to rotate the orientation without physically rotating the camera? I just briefly checked my camera and didn’t see anything but maybe this is possible. On the other hand that would probably decrease the resolution. No idea.

- Even if I figure out the rotation issue, which is probably possible with some type of adapter, the rig above has some reviews that mention breaking. Not surprising given the price :), but I am really trying to keep this within a modest budget.

I’m trying to find some sort of metal or at least more durable plastic solution to allow me to have both handles and rotation with no problem.

(Alternately, maybe, maybe, there’s a worthwhile gimbal-type system for under $100 but I doubt anything good exists at that price range.)

Thoughts/advice? Thanks!

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow