On XH1 does powerboost improve autofocus without vertical grip attached?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hotpot65 Regular Member • Posts: 105
On XH1 does powerboost improve autofocus without vertical grip attached?

According to a video I saw, up to the XT2, you gain the benefits of powerboost - faster autofocus, less shutter lag, faster max fps - ONLY if the vertical grip was attached.

This apparently changed for the XT3 onwards, but I have an XH1 and powerboost can be 'activated' without the grip (or at least the icon appears on the screen.)

The manual does not specify the need for the vertical grip, but the XH1 is similar to the XT2 iteration.

Second question - if I may - is if selecting a shutter speed say  1/500 , and wanting to use auto-iso where the minimum shutter speed is  1/125,  does the camera ignore the latter and always stick to the former?

I ask this as I vary shutter speeds and leave the camera in auto-iso on one of the three presets and do not want to also pick a matching iso-auto preset.

Thanks to anyone who can help. I am learning the best shootings for wildlife with a new XF 100-400.

hotpot65's gear list:hotpot65's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow