Z 50mm f/1.2 Corners

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
F-C
F-C Junior Member • Posts: 25
Z 50mm f/1.2 Corners

Hi, I had a chance to play with a Z 50mm f/1.2 S. I observed that the FX corners at f/1.8 were softer than on my Z 50mm f/1.8 S at f/1.8. Anybody else got the same results?

My methodology is unlikely to be terrific: fixed tripod against a vertical target aligned with leveled camera, and then rotating the camera to place the target at each of the FX corners, refocusing each time. Shot AF-S and MF. Target was size of the focusing box (the one which size is in between that of AF-S pin and wide-s). Nikon Z6 II. Indoors. Natural lighting. Pictured views on Capture One 21.0.2 at 200% on Macbook Pro 15 inches. Each picture normalized for exposure. All 4 corners were consistent in sharpness for each lens. And all 4 corners of the 1.2 (shot at 1.8) were softer than those of the 1.8 (shot at 1.8). The level difference was hard to detect at 100%, easy to detect at 200%. Any thoughts were very much be appreciated Thank you.

Nikon Z6 Nikon Z6 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow