Precision Camera Disappoints Another User

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JerseySailor Regular Member • Posts: 457
Precision Camera Disappoints Another User

Over the years that I've been on DPReview, I've read post after post of users dissatisfied with Precision Camera's service of Sony products. This week was my turn.

I had a problem with my SEL200600G lens, and called Sony to arrange service. Sony said my only option was to send it to Precision Camera. They also sent specific shipping instructions that specified "Use bubble wrap and a minimum of 2" to 3" of packing material all around the item".

OK - I did, and made sure the box I used was over 6" longer than the lens, so I had the required 3" of bubble wrap cushion on each end. Then came Precision's return - in a small sub-standard box!

The box they used was far too small to meet Sony's stated shipping requirements, and the lens wouldn't even fit in the box, until it was turned to go from one corner to the opposite corner, since it was too long to fit the box directly. They packed a 13" long lens in a square box, 12 1/4" on a side. That left way less than 1/2" of bubble wrap at each end of the lens, instead of the 2" to 3" that Sony called for. Thankfully, FedEx was gentle, and the lens survived Precision Camera's stupidity.

When is Sony going to fix the ongoing problems at Precision Camera - or replace them as the authorized US service agent?

The lens, and the box used by Precision Camera is shown here:

The PC supplied box was far too small for the SEL200600G lens. What were they thinking in shipping that lens in that small box?

JerseySailor's gear list:JerseySailor's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7R IV Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow